COTTAGE AND RURAL HOMEOWNERS
We have a large selection of sewage and water holding tanks with CSA Approval to fit the many applications that arise in the diverse landscape of Manitoba.
- Sewage Holding tanks installed in Manitoba must be installed in accordance to MB Conservation Regulation.
- The advantages of holding tanks as set out by MB Conservation within this link.
- Sewage holding tanks in MB are to be installed by MB Certified Installers.
Properly installed polyethylene holding tanks will outlast most homes, so be sure to choose a reputable installer who knows your area and will be sure your tank is installed for the conditions your area creates. High water table, clay soil, sand and gravel all create different installations and use conditions.
- Any holding tank can be pressured to distort or come out of the ground if drainage of rains or snow melt are not directed from the surface over the tank. Follow the installation instructions to prevent this from happening to your Westland tank.
- Crown the surface over the tank and get grass growing, or use sod, so that rain and snow melt move off the ground over the tank.
- Until the ground over the tank is properly capped with grass for shedding the rain and snow have the tank properly anchored and / or do not empty the tank completely when pumped out – the liquid in the tank will offset the liquid around the outside of the tank. If a tank is half full of liquid when it freezes it will not damage the tank.
- To prevent freezing, at the time of installation have the installer properly backfill until backfill is 3-6″ over the top of the tank, then put 4-6″ of insulation board over the top of the tank to 12-18″ past the sides and end of the tank. Complete the backfill with a properly crowned and capped earthen cover.