The ZCL difference is in the product quality and the features. ZCL underground tanks are all H-20 traffic rated. On top of that, ZCL tanks will withstand the pressure of being submerged in water to grade while empty. Even more, ZCL tanks will stand up to both of these external factors simultaneously. Add to that NSF 61 listing for potable water storage, burial depths beyond 20′ and optional engineering packages, pressure/vacuum leak tests and engineering stamps and you have a tank that is unmatched in the market today.
ZCL underground tanks are available from the Edmonton factory in sizes to 150,000L. ZCL above ground tanks are available from the Edmonton factory in sizes to 500,000L.
ZCL UNDERGROUND WATER TANKS
Potable water, commonly referred to as drinking water, can safely be stored underground utilizing a ZCL potable water tank. ZCL potable water tanks are designed and manufactured to NSF Standard 61. They are available as NSF-listed and labeled tanks, unlike many competitive products.
ZCL tanks are commonly found in national forest facilities, provincial parks, campgrounds or wherever the supply of safe drinking water is limited or not available.
Features of a ZCL potable water tank include:
- NSF-listed – available with an NSF label on the tank which is well beyond what most water tanks offer
- Dual-use capability – can be used primarily as potable water storage while also as a standby supply for fire protection
- Easy to install– which is very important in the many remote or difficult to access sites in which these tanks are needed
ZCL UNDERGROUND WASTEWATER TANKS
Today’s designs for decentralized wastewater treatment systems are becoming increasingly sophisticated and also dependent on large capacity watertight storage and process tanks. Infiltration from a leaking tank can result in an improperly functioning system, while ex-filtration causes pollution of water supplies. ZCL tanks are the perfect alternative to pre-cast or pour-in-place concrete tanks.
Features of ZCL wastewater tanks include:
- Watertight Design – with the option to field pressure test before and after installation
- Large Capacities – available in one-piece factory manufactured sizes from 600 to 62,000 gallons
- Quick and Easy Installation – Installed and backfilled in a day or two versus weeks of site construction for a pour-in-place concrete tank
ZCL UNDERGROUND FIRE PROTECTION TANKS
Fibreglass underground tanks for fire protection water are in high demand as a result of increased regulations and insurance industry requirements. Whether it is a sole source of water in rural areas or as a standby water reservoir to supplement a pressurized municipal water system, a ZCL tank provides maintenance-free, corrosion resistant underground water storage.
Fibreglass underground tanks are recognized in NFPA 22 standard, Water Storage Tanks for Fire Protection Systems, as well as NFPA 1142 standard, Water Supplies for Suburban and Rural Fire Fighting.
Features of ZCL fire protection water tanks:
- Corrosion resistance – long-term storage of water requires a tank material like fibreglass which is immune to rust.
- Buried design – eliminates the need to add expensive protection measures to prevent freezing, while removing the aesthetic problems of an aboveground tank.
- Strong H20 structural design – necessary for locations where vehicle traffic is a factor, such as parking lots.
ZCL UNDERGROUND GREEN BUILDING TANKS
ZCL’s water tanks have become a superior option for underground storage or processing of liquids in a wide range of applications, including green building or water conservation.
- Rainwater harvesting
- Chiller unit condensation collection
- Grey water recycling systems
- Storm water retention
ZCL UNDERGROUND TANK ACCESSORIES
ZCL supplies a large number of custom accessories that make the wide-ranging use of our storage tanks possible for different applications.
The following are some of the available accessories that ZCL can custom fabricate into and for our standard storage tanks in order to address a customer’s needs. We will gladly review any unique requirements and work to design a solution for the particular use.
- FRP hold-down straps
- Prefabricated anchor systems
- Baffles/Partition walls
- Access risers
- Pump platforms
- Anti-vortex plates
ZCL HORIZONTAL ABOVE GROUND TANKS
Turn Any Below Ground Tank Into an Above Ground Tank. ZCL’s Engineering team has developed a series of fiberglass and steel saddles that can be used as an easy factory conversion of below ground tanks into above ground tanks. ZCL’s FAST horizontal tanks are the perfect solution for applications where height is a factor. Fully integrated into the tank wall, the ZCL FAST will give years of above ground use.
- Potable water storage
- Wastewater storage
- Rainwater storage and green applications
- Fire suppression
- Fiberglass or portable steel saddles (steel saddles subject to availability)
- Freeze Protection
ZCL VERTICAL ABOVE GROUND TANKS
ZCL Corrosion (formerly Triple M Fiberglass Mfg) has been manufacturing top quality, vertical above ground fiberglass tanks since 1982. These corrosion resistant tanks are custom designed and fabricated in accordance with ASTM D3299, ASTM D4097, API 12P (modified), CGSB 41-GP-22, or ASME RTP-1 specifications to suit your specific requirements and service.
Double wall tanks are available which utilize ZCL’s patented Parabeam® “3D glass fabric” providing continuous interstitial space monitoring (leak detection) over the entire tank. Specialty resins, veils and additives are used for handling the fire retardant, abrasive or high temperature requirements of corrosive liquids.
ZCL Corrosion tanks are available in 6′, 8′, 10′, 12′, 13’6″, 15’6″, 18′ and 22′ diameters with holding capacities exceeding 500,000 liters.
- Chemical and Corrosive Material Storage Tanks
- Process Vessels
- Potable Water Storage Tanks
- Fire Suppression Tanks
- Rainwater and Green Application Tanks
ZCL SINGLE OR DUAL WALL OPTIONS
Single Wall Tanks
Single wall tanks are by far the most common water and wastewater tanks sold in the North American market. The stringent manufacturing and testing of ZCL tanks result in tanks that do not leak. NSF 61 and provincial building codes require only a single wall construction in most cases. When you choose a single wall tank you can be confident that you are purchasing a highly engineered, tested and robust above or below ground tank that is suitable for your application.
ZCL UNDERGROUND TANK DRAWINGS
Each tank fabricated by ZCL is made to order based on specific site requirements. The drawing process starts with one of the blank shell drawings to the right. From there the process begin with the customer sketching onto the drawing the various tank elements that are required for the application. These elements can include any combination of:
- Manway accesses
- Manway risers
- PVC pipe stubs
- Sanitary tee inlets
- Steel full and half threaded female pipe thread couplings
- Internal ladders
- Pump platforms
- Anchor packages
- Smoothing inlets
- Full bottom drain reinforced flanges
- Containment sumps
- Tank bottom turbine pump sumps
- Baffle walls and partitions
- Baffle wall and partition crossover piping
- Internal PVC pipe (stingers)
- Gooseneck vents
- Fill pipes
The sketch is then reviewed and sent to ZCL’s Drafting Department where the initial version of the shop drawing is created. This drawing is returned to the customer for further revision or acceptance. The drawing process continues until the design is finalized to fit the needs of the customer and fall within the boundaries of the fabrication possibilities.