Truck Driver / Warehouse Person
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Polywest Truck Driver will be responsible for all things related to the Polywest Truck, including pickups and deliveries, execution of assigned schedules, and general cleanliness and maintenance. This person will also be responsible for establishing and cultivating a positive and professional work environment with coworkers, customers, and vendors to ensure maximum productivity and quality goals are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, in coordination with the Warehouse Supervisor, the daily pickup and delivery schedule as assigned
- Required check-ins with the Warehouse Supervisor at the end of the day to go over the schedule for the following day and to address any questions relating to that schedule
- Daily completion of the Travel Log, including review with the Warehouse Supervisor on a weekly basis
- Daily truck safety inspections, without fail, as per the Polywest Safety Inspection Procedure, including presenting these to the Warehouse Supervisor on a weekly basis
- Maintain overall cleanliness and presentation of the transport vehicle, including:
- Truck exterior is to be washed as required to ensure a professional and tidy appearance to the public is presented
- Interior of the vehicle is to be kept clean and free of debris at all times, including daily cleaning as required
- Truck is always to be fueled completely at the end of the day so that it is ready for the first trip the next morning
- Any mechanical issues related to the vehicle must be documented and given to the Warehouse Supervisor immediately so that they can be addressed quickly to ensure minimal downtime
- Follow company policy and safety procedures as laid out in the employee manual
- While priority is to be given with tasks related to the Polywest Driver position, this person will also assist with warehouse duties as required by the Warehouse Supervisor
Polywest offers an exciting team-oriented work environment where you will be given the structure and opportunity to grow as a professional. For more information or to apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to Daniel Vanbrabant (firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.