Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the ideal candidate will work primarily with our warehouse team on a wide variety of tasks, with special emphasis on order deliveries and pickups during our busy season. This person will be responsible for all things related to the Polywest Truck, including pickups and deliveries, execution of assigned schedules and general maintenance.
You will follow company policy and safety procedures as laid out in the employee manual, as well as help to cultivate a positive and professional work environment with coworkers, customers & vendors. While priority is to be given with tasks related to the Polywest truck, you will also assist with warehouse duties as required.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with warehouse duties as required, including picking and packing orders, load shipments onto carriers, assist with weekly/random inventory counts, assist customers with pickups and inquiries, and complete paperwork as needed.
- Check in with the Warehouse Supervisor at the end of the day to go over the schedule for the following day and to go over any questions relating to that schedule.
- Polywest truck duties:
- Review the daily pickup and delivery schedule with the shipping coordinator, and fulfill local and short haul deliveries as assigned
- Complete daily travel log (will be reviewed with the Warehouse Supervisor on a weekly basis)
- Conduct daily truck safety inspections, as per the Polywest Safety Inspection Procedure and present report to the Warehouse Supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and presentation of the transport vehicle, including, truck exterior washed, interior free of debris, gas tank fueled to full at end of day and ay mechanical issues documented and reported immediately to minimize downtime.
- Ability to operate a 1 ton truck with trailer
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean abstract
Polywest offers an exciting team-oriented work environment where you will be given the structure and opportunity to grow as a professional. For more information or to apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to Marvin Friesen (Operations Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.